Just wanted to give you a quick heads up about how to properly clean up after you drop one of your environmentally-friendly, mercury-powered light bulbs.
If you break a "CFL" Compact Fluorescent light bulb and attempt to clean it up yourself, there is absolutely no way to know that you have removed the mercury unless you screen the area with a mercury vapor monitor, if you view the mercury vapor video you can see that mercury vapor is easily spread throughout a room and without t he proper equipment you will never be able to locate where the mercury came to rest.
To protect your family and employees against dangerous mercury exposure, Mercury Instruments USA provides clean up, decontamination and screening in the case of a broken mercury containing light bulb. All of our cleaning services are backed by screening the area with the Mercury Tracker 3000 mercury detector.
CFL's contain dangerous levels mercury
- If you break a compact fluorescent light – CFL
- Immediately turn off heating or air conditioning units
- Call us at 303-972-3740 or after normal business hours at 720-203-5224
- Open windows for ventilation
- Leave the contaminated area immediately, unless there is a chance that some of the broken light bulb got on your clothing, then stay put until we get there or you may risk contaminating other areas!
- Things Not to Do!
- Do Not Use Vacuum Cleaner
- Do not walk through broken glass